CHEVY OIL PRESSURE

1999 Chevrolet Camaro

1999 Chevy Camaro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 66000 miles

any one know if the oil pressure nedle on the cluster suppose to move up when accelerating?At idle the oil needle stays at about 40 to 60 psi then when I eccelrate the car it moves a little over 60 then when I come back a stop or red light it goes down to 40 to 60 it doesnt go lower to the red is this a normal thing on a camaroo 99 v6? Id say at idle is 50. Thank you in advance.
Artmang

Hi there,

Under normal conditions the oil pressure will rise as engine speed increases to the point where the oil pressure relief valve opens and dumps excess pressure/oil back to the sump, maintaining constant safe oil pressure, Car gauges can be very inaccurate, have the oil pressure tested with a master gauge, this will give a true indication as to what the oil pressure is doing, I feel you have a faulty gauge, but a test will prove the issue one way or the other.

Mhpautos
Thanks bro I will take the car to get tested and I believe you when you say that is a faulty needel cus it raises at the same time that the rpm needle moves. Its kinda funny.

Artmang