CHEVY HEATER

1995 Chevrolet Camaro

Heater problem
1995 Chevy Camaro Engine Size unknown Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 30,000 miles

the air blows but doesn't blow hot air, suggestions on what the problem could be
Thanks you
TamiAnn

There are a couple of things that have to be checked, 1, is the coolant level low, 2. Fell the hoses that go into the firewall to see if they both are about the same temperature {rubber hoses for the heater} 3. Is the temperature guage read mormal about 180 degrees? With the coolant level low collant willnot flow through the heater core {vehicle will run hot} If one of the hoses are warm and the other cold that run through to the heater core the heater core could be clogged, the thermastat controls the coolant to heat it up in the engine. I would check those theree things before we move on with the heater control unit inside the car.

M_H_RITZEL