STALLING...SULFUR SMELL

Chevrolet Blazer

'94 Chevy S10 blazer. 4X4 vortec engine.140000 miles a week ago I had intake manifold gasket, and fuel regulator replaced. (2nd regulator). My truck wants to stall when I come to a stop. I also have a very stong sulfur smell coming from exhaust. My mechanic now thinks it is the EGR valve sticking. Does this sound right or am I the one getting stuck!

I also have a very loud bang/clunck noise coming from passenger front when I make a left turn with bumps. I already had upper & lower ball joints replaced less than a year ago.

thanks Jen.
Samsel824

I have had the same problem on my 1994 Sonoma 4x4 4.3L Vortec on 3 separate occasions. Each time it was due to the EGR valve being stuck in the open position due to a chunk of carbon jamming the plunger in the open position. The 1st time was when I exited the expressway and had to goose the throttle just to keep the engine from stalling. Remove your EGR valve and push in on the plunger to make sure it moves in and out freely.

Your 2nd problem I also had, it was from a bad torsion bar mount. The banging your hearing is the torsion bar hitting the frame when turning. This is not an easy repair because the torsion bar must be removed from the vehicle. Mine was rusted in place.

Jamolk