CHEVY ? ON AN 02 THAT STALLS AFTER PUT I

2002 Chevrolet Blazer

2002 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 79000 miles

Ok so I have a 2002 Chevy Blazer 4x4. We just got back from our camping trip, and it ran well. I went out to leave and it wouldn't start. No lights, no crank, nothing! We jumped it, and it started but it would not stay started w/o pressing the gas. So my thought was battery/alternator. We took the battery out and had it tested and it was fully charged (meaning the alternator and battery are fine). So when we put the battery back in it would turn over, but took a few times until it finally stayed started (sounded bad). We let it run for a few minutes and were going to test drive it. When we put the car in drive it immediately died. Started it up and tried again. Same result. I noticed some condensation out of the tailpipe and some under the car. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it, but it is not cold out here and the ac was not on. We drove the car for a while earier too. So any mechanincs out there have any idea what we should check next? Thank you for your imput!
Breazy916

OK, you say you had Battery tested and it is fully Charged, what about the Cold Cranking Amps? If the CCA aren't up to snuff it could cause the no start. You also said that after putting battery back in it would turn over, so it may be a ground problem check all connections and make sure they are all clean and making good contact.

Now how do you know the Alternator is good? Did you have it tested. It may be charging just not enough. If you have a digital volt ohm meter you can check the out put. It should be charging at 13.6 to 14.2.

The stalling could be caused by the lack of voltage.

Post responses here

Obxautomedic
Well this moring we were planning on having it towed to my mechanic. When we went out to try starting it agian it started right up, and it did not stall this time when it was put into gear. We did end up driving it over there with no problems. He tested the alternator and said it seemed to be fine and doing what it was supposed to. So, after being driven around today it seems to be running just fine. I am thinking that taking the battery out and letting it rest over night did the trick. I am hopeful anyways =) Thank you for you response!

Breazy916