CHEVY HAVE POWER BUT TRUCK WILL NOT START

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

2001 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 174254 miles

I have a 2001 Chevy Blazer, and I recently started to have a problem with the truck not wanting to start, but it would eventually start after trying to start it for about 5mins. Then all of a sudden it desided it wouldnt start. It took me over 2hrs to get it started, then today up til about 20mins ago I have yet to get it started. Looking online and there are thousands of pages with people having the same problem of not getting their blazers to start. But I seem to have a slightly different problem than they do. I can turn the key all the way and I have radio and lights, but the engine doesnt even try to fire, is this a problem with my ecu or is this a problem with the ignition system? Please let me know what to do to fix my problem.
Zenthrose

Your saying the vehicle cranks good but won't start?Use a gage and check fuel pressure. Some of the national brand autostores used to loan out a fuel pressure gage, if you don't have one. That spider fuel system is known for problems.

Engine cranking, visually check for spark at the plugs. Although at the moment, I don't think so, but, your security system could cause an issue?

The key will turn all the way but it only will give me the acc2 there is no cranking. The starter doesnt even try to fire nor the alternator try and turn. Thats why I said I have power but it wont start.

Zenthrose
I'd have to make sure your battery has a full charge, use a digital multimeter. Place the leads across the battery posts, everything turned off. The generic spec for a fully charged battery is 12.6 volts. If the battery is down take it off and get it charged. Make sure all battery connections are clean and tight on both ends.

Next I'd have to check circuits to and from the starter relay. In the diagram terminal 30 is hot/voltage, all the time. The other terminal right side top is voltage for the coil side of relay, goes hot with key in the crank position. I guess you tried cranking in neutral? Any testing with relay or starter make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_blazer_starter_1.jpg

JDL, look I have a fully charged battery. When I turn the key it acts like it isnt going passed the acc2 spot. I HAVE LIGHTS, RADIO, AND EVERYTHING ELSE it just will not turn over or even try to turn over so I HAVE POWER BUT IT WILL NOT START!

Zenthrose
Unless you can do a little testing, I don't know what else to tell you? I could tell you to replace this or replace that, you know, throw parts at it, but, I can't do that. Have a good day.

Sounds like you may need an ignition cylinder.

S-schop1