CHEVY ABS, BRAKE, & CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS

1996 Chevrolet Blazer

1996 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

When I accelerate after braking, sometimes, my ABS light, Brake light. And check engine light will all 3 come on. The blazer then misses and sputters briefly until it recovers and then it's fine until 1/2 mile later or 10 miles later when it does it again. It is particularly pronounced when accelerating for a climb up a steep grade or taking off after pulling out of a driveway or something. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. My Auto tech ran the scan tool and the only thing showing was the ignition switch which she replaced. Still having the problem (but it starts better now)!
Dherrington

Check for a good ground at the engine
check alternator
check battery terminals

BMRFIXIT
Does the truck stall or misfire alot. Does it have a smell of matches when running or right after its shut off. If so than you need to check compression, spark plugs and wires if all is well than it is you fuel injection spider malfunctioning

Chucky3981
It only misses when the lights come on - otherwise it runs very smoothly. It does usually smell hot after I turn it off, but I'm not sure I'd describe it as smelling like matches. We replaced the plugs and wires within the last 20,000 miles or so. We found a bad vacuum line recently when the 4WD quit working and replaced that which solved the 4WD issue. Would this fuel injection spider cause the brake light & ABS light to come on as well? Thanks for the advice!

Dherrington
Spider injector will not cause an ABS light to come on
scan it for codes ABS codes
suspect wheel bearing wheel sensor
codes will pin point troubled area
check EGR valve too

BMRFIXIT