CHEVY OIL IN RADIATOR

1995 Chevrolet Blazer

1995 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 169000 miles

I took my blazer to mechanic radiator leaking water-and running really rough -he replaced radiator- plug and said was running smooth-drove home 1 mile ran fine -drove to work next day 12 miles running rough as in repping up would not idle down- drove home- checked water in refill tank real brownish oily-took baster got out oily gook thinking they didn't flush out lines when put in new radiator-checked oil and transmission fluids both are full-scared to start it up noticed on one comment about bubbling noise behind dash maybe head gasket blown-i have heard noise for about year now - when had oil changed last asked man he said that is normal? Broen gook in radiator any suggestions and est. Cost to repair thanks linda
Excaliber01

Ok, When you checked the Oil was it a milky color or frothy? If it was then it probably has water in it and since oil floats on top of water it would look full.

It does sound like a Blown Head Gasket and you are looking at a cost of anywere between $1,500 and $2,000 at a local garage.

Post responses here in forum.

Obxautomedic