CHEVY GASOLINE SMELL

1994 Chevrolet Blazer

Smells problem
1994 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 142707 miles

Hi guys: I recently purchased a 1994 Chevy Tahoe LT Blazer for myself and kids. I noticed a bad gasoline smell and took it to a a muffler shop. They showed me the hole the gas created in the catalatic converter. They replaced that, the tail pipe and the exhaust, but told me I needed to take it to a shop that worked under the hood. I took the car to another shop and was told that the fuel injector and the motor mounts were bad. The shop wanted over $700 to fix the problem. I found a remanufactured fuel injector at " National Carburetors" here in Jacksonville. A friend of mine replaced the fuel injector, the motor mounts and the upper intake gasket. While under the hood he also replaced the distributor cap, the temperature switch, the coolant tem sensor and the ignition rotor. The problem is that I'm still smelling gas. It is worse with the air conditioner one and when I'm at a light. The car is getting great gas mileage now, but I'm afraid for my kids to sit in the car for any long period of time. I'm also running out of money as the above replacements were very costly. Please Help!

Possible causes here could be an injectors and fuel pressure regualtor leaking and also a fuel saturated charcoal canister.

Thanks for the advice! My friend did say that he did not check the charcoal canister filter. Do I need to buy a new one or just replace the canister? He has never messed with the canister so does not know. About how much money would this take, if you know.

Thanks again!