CHEVY 94 S10 VORTEC MISSING

1994 Chevrolet Blazer

1994 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

im working on my sister 94 s10 blazer 4wd amd its missing at idle. It smooths out after giving it gas. I have replaced cap rotor wires plugs injector, pressure regulator and have taken the cat off. I thought the cat was plugged and it eneded up not the problem. I am getting a very strong fuel smell but I figure that it is from having no cat. I am stumped right now. It starts fine but misses at idle. If I hold gas it smoothes out but then it smells like raw gas. Any help would be great. Also no codes at all.
Blk93notch

You might want to clean out the idle air control valve for a start

A rough idle could be a large vacuum leak can lean the air/fuel mixture out to such an extent that an engine will not idle at all. An EGR valve that is stuck open at idle can have the same effect as a vacuum leak. So too can a loose positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) hose, a leaky PCV valve or the wrong PCV valve (one that flows too much air for the application). If somebody replaced the PCV valve recently, they may have installed the wrong PCV valve. The rough idle in all of these cases is caused by " lean misfire.&Quot; The fuel mixture is too lean to ignite reliably so it often misfires and fails to ignite at all. Lean misfire will show up as elevated hydrocarbon (HC) readings in the exhaust, which may be enough to cause a vehicle to fail an emissions test

Misfiring can be caused by worn or fouled spark plugs, a weak spark (weak coil, bad spark plug wire), loss of compression, vacuum leaks, anything that causes an unusually lean fuel mixture (lean misfire), an EGR valve that is stuck open, dirty fuel injectors, low fuel pressure, or even bad fuel.

Ive already replaced the iac and the pvc. The egr is electronic so im not sure how I can test it. Is there a way?

Blk93notch
Remove the EGR and clean the pintle and the passages and see what happens. When was the last tune-up?

Ill clean the egr tommorrow after work. I just put cap rotor wires plugs in it

Blk93notch