CHEVY ENGINE WONT START

1993 Chevrolet Blazer

1993 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 145840 miles w vin code

ok engine wasnt getting spark changed plugs wires cap rotor and coil ra but ran ruff then it died pick up coil was bad changed distributor started agai but ran ruff put new fuel filter on now it wont run will start after sittying for awhile but wont idle then will die and wont start again I thin k its the fuel reg were the hell is it I cant find were it is in my chilton just what it is. I am assuming it is getting to much fuel becouse when it starts you can keep it runninng with the peddal. Am I correct or not
James1967

Ok first off I would need to know what the fuel pressure is before I can know if you are on the right track or not. Is there a way for you to check fuel pressure to see what it is. Also what is the 8th digit of the vin W or Z?

Racefan966
Ill have to buy a pressure ga vin code is w

James1967
I do need to know what the fuel pressure is. This type of injection requires 62 psi to start and runs on 55 psi. The regulator for the injection is on the injector system which is inside the plastic upper plenum, see pic below.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_263451_1.jpg

Racefan966
Tested fuel presure 62 while cranking wont start at the moment I think its flooded again also what I have found is that the reg. Is under the intake man atached to the multi-port fuel injection assembly if this is corect will I have to replace the intire assembly

James1967
Also I suscribed to mitchell1 online can you tell me were to find this info there so I can get an exploded view

James1967
I changed the fuel reg I had a hell of a time getting it started but now I can start it but it wont idle and after I changed the reg the fuel pressure would run at 56 when eng is running but when the eng. Would die or I turnd eng off the presure woud drop to 0 but when I turn key on the presure would go to 64 is any of this normal and could the egr keep it from idling?

James1967
Ok so have you pulled any of the spark plugs and looked them over. It may be that you have some bad spark plugs so check this first. If this looks good then if you would unplug the mass air flow unit and try to start it, does it idle now? It won't have much for throttle response but it should idle. Get back to me with what you find.

Racefan966
I have changed all that I can think of now it will idle but at a high speed cant but it in gear it will die could I have gotten a bad cap and rotor

James1967
Ok that is great but have you pulled a couple sence to see if any happened to have gotten gas fouled? To answer you question on the cap and rotor yes you can get a bad one but not very common. Let me know what you find.

Racefan966
Yes I have pulled the plugs they look good gap is good I even cleaned the egr when I did get it started useing gas through the plentom it idled but at a high rate and when I pulled the mas air it died

James1967
Page 1 of 3