CHEVY STARTER FUSIBLE LINK WIRE REPLACEMENT

1983 Chevrolet Blazer

1983 Chevy Blazer V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I'm looking to buy a used '83 blazer with a 6.2 diesel engine. I found one and spoke to the owner. He told me that the starter fusible link wire has a short in it which has caused the truck from not being able to start even tho he had replaced the starter. I would like to know more info about this wire like what does it do, is it easy to replace, is there a way to start the truck without replacing the wire till I drive it home and am able to work on the truck then? Any info that you can give about this will be greatly appreciated.
Drunok

Fusible links are nothing but large fuses in the shape of a wire. If it is burning out, it means that something that it is supplying power to is drawing too much current for some reason. Your going to have to determine what that particular link is feeding and determine which of those components is shorted or drawing too much current to melt the link.

Wrenchtech