CHEVY # 9 (GUAGES) FUSE KEEPS BLOWING

1996 Chevrolet Beretta

1996 Chevy Beretta 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 280000 miles

i have just replaced the serpintine belt on my 6 beretta and now my guage fuse (# 9) keeps blowing. It will be fine if the car is in park but as soon as you put it in reverse or drive it automaticly blows. What can I do to fix this?
Darkg1ft

Did this just start since you replaced the belt? The two aren't related and I'm a little confused. As far as the #9 fuse, according to your owner's manual, what does the circuit control?

Also, with the engine off, turn the key to the run position and then put it in reverse. Does it still blow the fuse? If so, check for shorts to the reverse lights. Think about it. That is the one thing that will come on when you shift to reverse or drive. Drive because when you shift to park, you go past reverse. Also, try this. Replace the fuse, start the car in neutral, and then go to drive to see if it blows the fuse. If it doesn't, then I'm confident it has to do with the back up lights.

Let me know what you find.