CHEVY SERVICE ENGINE SOON

1995 Chevrolet Beretta

Computer problem
1995 Chevy Beretta 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140400 miles

Thanks 2-Pros
I hit a bump on the road yesterday, made my CD skip. I then see the DREADED Service Engine Soon Light, a STROKE to me then ocured. I went to where I was going, cut off the engine with Hopes it would not come back on later. Later, I stared the car, the light was off. Good thing. As I was driving home, the Light came back on. My luck and not so good. HELP.
Thank You. Decoda@juno. Com. Robert.
R. Jackson

Unfortunately you are going to have to put a scanner on the car to see if there is an actual code or not. But it sounds as if a ground wire may be loose causing the problem. Either that or the ground wire is worn. You will have to check all over for the ground wires, make sure all of them are tight. Normally a check engine light once lit will go off after 50 starts. How ever it will still store the code. Also check your battery, if it is in poor shape it will also screw up your computer.