CHEVY PASSLOCK INDICATOR ON TRUCK WON'T STAR

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche

2004 Chevy Avalanche V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 155000 miles

thats 155,000 km passlock indicator on last week truck wouldn't start dissconected battery for 10 min then truck started fine since truck won't start again tryed the battert thing didn't work this time any suggestions
Tamileigh

With the Tech 2 scan tool, clear any DTCs.
30 Minute Learn Procedure
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON; the vehicle will not start.
Observe the SECURITY telltale; after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes; the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.
With a scan tool, clear any DTCs, if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

Dennyp
Thanks for the info on relearn will try
Here is something new I tried just because it is still cold and snowy here. I noticed when the truck would start it was always after sitting in the sun all afternoon and it was a bit warmer out. So this morning I went out with my hair dryer and warmed the ignition with it the truck started same thing again when I tried this afternoon once I wamed up the ignition it started so I am thinking the problem is in the cylinderlock

Tamileigh
Yes, it could be the passlock sensor causing the problems.

Dennyp