CHEVY REAR END NOISE

2000 Chevrolet Astro

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2000 Chevy Astro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive 100000 miles

2000 has been a whining noise coming from the back just replaced pro. Done spider gears 4 years ago not the same noise its a whinning seams like it doesnt want to go into od wifes car put in the garage put on stands and both hubs spin freely with no noise they shold be locked any help fifith thing to break this week thank you in advance for looking
Crash77

It sounds like you have the same luck as I do. As far as the noise, does it change when you turn, accellerate, stop? Did you check differential fluid?

Let me know.

Thankyou for the reply got some of the stuff fixed but found out the noise is coming from the driverside of the trans. Mission was able to get it to make the noise from the tran by putting both rear tires are up the trans. In drive it will make a noise from the trans. If u spin the tires it wont go into overdrive it should shift around 43 or so and it wont little low on fluid start vacation mon. Will look at what I can see while driving it sounded like it was comiing from the rear replaced the fluid while I was there dont matter if I cant fix the trans. Or afford it thank god for my back and forth to work car not the greatest. Home all had good holidays thanks for looking and any miricals

Crash77