CHEVY DRIVERS SIDE DOOR LOCK

2000 Chevrolet Astro

2000 Chevy Astro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 134000 miles

The door lock on my drivers side door just stopped working. When I turn the engine off, the doors usually unlock (and lock when I turn it on). All doors except this one do what they're supposed to and I can't unlock the door with either the interior door slide lock (completely stuck in locked position) or my key from the outside. I believe I can replace the lock once I figure out how to take off the door panel. (I took a panel off one of the rear doors to replace the handle but there were more visible screws). Can you direct me to how to remove the panel to expose the door lock?
Thanks,
Sharon Henderson
Smokysmom

Front Door panels are normally held on by fasteners attached inside the panel for " aesthetic" reasons, so you have to " pop" the panel off which in the process you normally break off a bunch of the fasteners also. It is a good idea to buy a specialized tool to do this and also check your local auto store for door panel fasteners and get some of those too.

Chevtahoe99