CHEVY POWER DOOR LOCKS

1999 Chevrolet Astro

1999 Chevy Astro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

The 20 Amp Cig Ltr circuit breaker keeps blowing. My power door locks are inop using the door switches, but the doors all unlock using the remote keyless entry. Except the rear " dutch" door. How are you supposed to open the rear doors if the dutch door will not unlock electrically? Is there a trick to gaining access to the rear door motor from inside the van? I believe the problem is in either the rear door motor or the associated wiring, but I can't get the door open. Help?
Kmchugh

OH GOD, I hate this. You can get new Astro door lock motors on Ebay for $30.

The interior of your rear door (or probably all of them for that matter) are probably covered in a carpet like cover. There are phillips screws hidden in the fabric. If you can get (when you get) the cover off, you can reach in and manually trip the door open rod with your hand.

Astro door lock/unlock motors are junk. That is the only thing that plagues me with my Astro.

Yes, you have to climb and crawl and get the inside cover off. If you think that is fun, try the side sliding door sometime when it will not unlock. Very little room to work to remove that panel.

You will get there and it get's better.

Techman1