CHEVY FUEL SYSTEM

1999 Chevrolet Astro

1999 Chevy Astro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 190, 00 miles

My chevy astro won't start unless I use ether spray, it will after that. Sometimes as i'm driving it won't go over 50mph, it may bog down like it ran out of gasand shut off. I spray ether in the intake, and it will start back up.
i've heard that with astros fuel pumps are a common problem. I replaced mine in 06, brand new. What else
could it be?
Holmes6797

When it refuses to start, check fuel pressure. Some of the national brand autostores might loan out a fuel pressure gage, if you don't have one.

Some will also check codes for free. See if there are any codes. My info shows you have the scfi fuel system? Those systems are noted for problems, there are several service bulletins. If the fuel pressure is ok and there is a missfire code, the code will point you to the problem cylinder, then you can check the injector and poppet for that cylinder.

Lindertech. Com has some info on this system, you can read it faster than I can type. Just type, central sequential fuel injection, in the search box.