CHEVY VAN INTAKE MANIFOLD QUESTION

1998 Chevrolet Astro

Hello, I have a 1998 Chevy Astro Van with 140,000 miles. V6 4.3L engine. Van runs Great and serves me well. I have developed a coolant leak on the Intake Manifold. I have a Technician who is willing to make the repair, but un-sure of the " Labor Hours" suggested to do the repairs. Doesn't anyone know the Suggested Labor Time to replace the Intake Manifold Gaskets on this Vehicle?
Bmwdave

There are some very important questions to answer here first. Is the leak of coolant to the inside of the engine or leaking outside on top of the engine? How are you sure that it is the intake manifold gasket? You see, I have only ever had one intake manifold gasket leak coolant, and it dumped the entire radiator into the crankcase and ruined the engine. If the leak was to the outside, I could fix that with $2 worth of stop leak. Please provide more specific symptoms and information.[/Quote: a3a8416d00]

Hello and Thanks Techman1 - My van has been taken to a Chevy Dealership near my home since I left the last question. That Technician has agreed to inspected the leak and advise. He also has stated that it most likey is a hose fitting on the right side of the motor. No Coolant is in the oil and the coolant leaks down the right side of the intake and run off the back of the motor. He feels it is not the intake gasket. Will advise results when he advises me. Thanks again for your help

David

Bmwdave