CHEVY AC/HEATER BLOWER FAN WILL NOT TURN OFF

1998 Chevrolet Astro

1998 Chevy Astro V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

Good Day Everyone,

on my 1998 Astro the AC/Heater Blower fan will not turn off. Symptom just started today. I came to start the car after work and the battery was dead. Once I got it boosted the blower fan was on and blowing at full power even though the blower switch was in the off position. To compound this problem, when the vehicle is turned off and the ignition key removed the blower fan maintains itself in the on position blowing at full capacity. The only was I was able to shut the blower off was to pull the Large 30 amp fuse from the fuse box under the hood named " A/C": described in the Manual as " blower Motor Resistor, Blower Relay".
Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
Thank you,
Ed
Esaki

Hello, check the blower relay, the pigtail from the front blower motor should go to the resistor relay assemble. Either the relay is stuck or there is a request for the heater, meaning there is voltage going to the coil side of relay.