CHEVY NO POWER

1993 Chevrolet Astro

1993 Chevy Astro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 157000 miles

I have 93 astro van after checking fuses under dash I replaced the fuel pump because it was not running with key on. It still did not run then I tested old pump on battery and it worked. So I figured good fuses good pump must be power problem, I hot wired pump then the van started and ran with out hot wire to pump. I figured it had to be computer and replaced it. It did not help. I started looking more and checked 5 fuse links behind battery they are all good. I figured what the heck and tried to read computer. And notice they are no check engine light burning. I am now stumped. Please help
Tomwilly

Pump should run for 2-3 seconds with key in on posistion, and continiously in crank and run, if not check the fuel pump relay, the ignition swtch, and the connector at the pump. Check the IGN fue(s0 under the hood, and some GM's put the circuit on the cigar fuse under the hood.

Merlin2021
You did not adress problem with no power to check engine light. When jumping a hot wire to fuel pump it seems to back feed to ecm then the van starts and runs with jumper to fuel pump removed. Then will not start again untill hot to fuel pump is reconnected with hot jumper then it will start and run with again.

Tomwilly
I did address it! Check the fuses I mentioned above! One of them feeds the ecm and the power to the DLC circuit.

Merlin2021
Checked the 5 molded fuse links is this what you are calling a cigar fuse!

Tomwilly
Do you have the owners manual? Get back to me right away as I am going to log out shortly.

Merlin2021
No I only have a chilton manual it it dost show anything

Tomwilly

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Astroa_1.jpg

FUSE & CIRCUIT PANEL IDENTIFICATION 1 - 10 Amp Instrument Panel Lights 2 - 30 Amp Circuit Breaker Power Accessories 3 - 30 Amp Horn/Dome Lights, Digital Clock, Cigarette Lighter, Radio Memory, Glove Box Light 4 - 20 Amp Ignition/Gauges, Cruise Control, Headlight Switch, Ashtray Light, Brake Switch, Audio Alarm (1993) 5 - 25 Amp Auxiliary Heater (If Equipped) 6 - 20 Amp Stoplights, Hazard Flasher, Digital Instrument Cluster 7 - 20 Amp Tail & Parking Lights, Headlight Switch 8 - 20 Amp Turn/Back-Up Lights 9 - 20 Amp Heater/A/C 10 - 10 Amp Radio 11 - 10 Amp ECM B 12 - 10 Amp ECM I 13 - 30 Amp Circuit Breaker Power Windows 14 - 25 Amp Windshield Wiper 15 - 10 Amp Daytime Running Lights (Canada Only) 16 - 15 Amp ABS Brake, Speedometer (1993) 17 - 15 Amp Foglights Page 1 of 1 FUSES & CIRCUIT BREAKERS -1993 Chevrolet Astro 4/13/2009 Check #'s 4, 11, 12, ok? No fuse links are just that, fuse links, forget the cigar fuse for now!

Merlin2021
Yes they were all ok, plus checked power both sides ok

Tomwilly
To help diagnose much further I need the engine size, and do you live in the rustbelt? If yes go ahead and check the fusible links too, and look at the ground at the thermostat housing if it has one there. The other possibility is the ignition switch could bad.

Merlin2021
As in orignal mesage I have allready checked fuses and fuse links, yes I did check grounds to body and engine they are ok as orgirnally stated also the engine is a 4.3 v 6 the only one put in a astrovan

Tomwilly