CAR TURNS OVER BUT WON'T START.

1988 Honda Accord • 230,660 miles

A couple months ago the car started not starting. I know it is fuel injected, and I know your not suppose to tap the gas pedal when the car is shut off. I got desperate because I had to go for a doctors appt. So I tapped the gas pedal 2 times, and waited a few minutes and it started. I has been doing this more often then not. The other day it did it everytime I stopped the car. I was lucky to get home. Today it would'nt start so I tapped the gas pedal 2 times and waited and it would'nt start at all today.
Evey

First, don't worry about hitting the gas pedal. It won't hurt anything. However, the vehicle should start without doing it.

The first thing I recommend that you check is the fuel pump pressure. Based on your description, it sounds like the fuel pump is going bad. Check that and let me know what you find.