CAR STALLS AT 3000 RPM , WITH CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2010 Hyundai Verna • 57,000 miles

Had fueled up on a highway, after driving for around 3 kms the car stopped, didnt start again after all attempts, then started after 8 hrs, when I checked with a local mechanic he reasoned out adultrated fuel, got the diesel tank cleaned, changed the fuel filter, afterwards the car used to turn OFF while driving and car stalls the moment it reaches 3000 rpm.

Got the car checked at hyundai service station, but still no solution

Please HELP
Rashidkhan

What trouble codes was shown by the Check Engine Light indicating?

The diagnosis says " fuel rail pressure low ", got the pressure sensor replaced, now the mechanic has repaired the fuel pump, he said the car is running fine, but the check engine light is back again, the car is still in garage in other city, so couldnt check myself

Rashidkhan
Get the code and we shall see what needs to be done.

Sorry for the delay, The error code is P1186. And would like to share more

1) Takes 4-5 secs to start
2) when accelerating in 1st or 2nd gear, some times the RPM does not go beyond 3000 RPM - with check engine light, when I switch off the car and again start it accelerates beyond 3000 rpm
3) engine stops while driving, again starts

BUT all these above problems does not show when the fuel tank is full, and runs without any problem for approx 300 kms without the check engine light, then back with the above 3 problems.

Have visited some diagnostic centres and company service centre, no one is sure what has to be changed,
some of the recceomedations from the mechanic
1) weak high pressure fuel pump
2) accelerater paddle sensor
3) common rail
4) pressure sensor on common rail

Please Help

Rashidkhan
Since problem is affected by fuel tank level, have the fuel tank and EVAP system checked.

Thank you very much for the solution, got the fuel sender changed (unit fixed on the diesel tank ), and the problem is solved.

Thank you very much

Rashidkhan
You're welcome.