CAR OVEREATED & NOW IS LEAKING

1996 Honda Civic • 100,000 miles

Car overheated last night, hadn't checked the water/coolant in a while. Notice the gauge was way in the hot zone. Pulled off, let it cool, turn car on a few times & put a lot of water in it. Drove it home about a mile. Today car starts, no smoke but it's leaking. What could be wrong?
Judyplascencia

Have the coolant system pressure checked it may have blown a head gasket leak check will tell where

Can I drive it? I thought that it will smoke if head gasket is blown?

Judyplascencia
As long as the coolant doesn't leak out to fast and keep overheating. If it keeps overheating then you can do damage to head like crack it or hydraulic a piston which would lead to another engine or at least hevy repair to the one in it now. If it doesn't leak to bad you should be ok but get it fixed.

Ok, so what am I looking at cost. I hate taking to shops & they so over charge me. If I can have an idea of cost, I'll know.

Judyplascencia
Prices vary around u.S but call around locally to get a better idea than I can give but $1000-1500 or around there is about the going price. But dont' tell them that let them give you the price. Dealers will be on the higher end. If someone can recommend a shop then go there