SRX - ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

2004 Cadillac STS

2004 Cadillac SRX - STS 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 52000 miles

just bought on Ebay a 2004 Cadillac SRX with 50k miles on it. I've used it for one month and 1000 miles. It has a Passport/Valet alarm & autostart on it. I disabled the alarm as it would go off when it shouldn't. Not sure if that system has caused an electrical problem as I have had to replace my left front blinker light twice and the right one once. The moonroof now does not have full power and I need to use my hand to help it along. Today my passenger side vanity mirror light stays on whether opened or closed. Do I have an electrical problem and what should I do?
Johnklesney

You will need a new vanity mirror the inturnal switch is bad

try lubeing the moonroof with WD 40 first, was the car in an accident? Or do you know, the moon roof may be bent. Grease will cause unwanted dirt to build up, see how many amps the motor is pulling if you can, or replace the motor

I never could figure out why some people needed 2 alarms on there cars lol does nothing but cause problems, it is probally causing the bulbs in the lights to blow

Buzzsaw
Tried giving feedback but it wouldnt let me? Said I have 0 points to give? Will try again thru the main site. Anyway, your answers were a big help and relief. I will wd40 the moonroof as I have no way of testing the amps. The cadillac svc mgr thought it might be the motor. Maybe they could test for proper amp? I dont really use it anyway. Not sure if the car was in an accident but the body shop mgr said there was some work on the hood. It looks very clean and the carfax said no accident, but body shop mgr said there could have been one unreported.

As far as the passport/valet alarm, I held down the button under the dash that disables the alarm. However the small red alarm light is still on steady. When it was enabled it blinked. If there is a possibility as you said that that may be blowing out my blinker bulbs then I will ask someone to cut the wires to the alarm so the red lite goes out. For the passenger vanity mirror I took out the fuses behind the lite covers. I dont care as it is passenger side and i'm sure a new switch and labor would be not worth the price. Thanks again for a great response

Johnklesney