A/C, HEATER BLOWER MOTOR REPLACEMENT

Cadillac Seville

1996 Cadillac Seville w/northstar engine. I have narrowed down the fact that my a/c blower motor needs to be replaced. In doing research, I see notes that the motor housing needs to be cut in several places in order to remove the motor/fan assembly. In all my years of working on cars, I have never had to cut a motor housing apart, in order to remove the motor. Does this make sense? Is there any other way to remove the motor/fan assy without cutting the heck out of the metal housing? Thanks in advance for your time and research in answering this.
Justtalkin

It is an insulating cover that is being cut, not the actual hvac plenum box. There are marks on it where to cut. Besides that you would pretty much have to remove the motor or lower the cradle alot to clear it

Jack42
I have cut the insulating cover with a utility knife as indicated on the housing. This gained me actually nothing, except a cut up cover. I expected to find a hard plastic plenum. Instead, under the cover is a metal plenum. I doubt that this is supposed to be cut. Because it would take a rotary grinder with cutting wheel to cut through it. Not something as easy as a hack saw would work. I am confused as to what good it was to cut the insulating cover. The fan motor/wheel already cleared the opening. I just do not have enough clearance to pull the motor/wheel out because of the engine being so close. Any suggestions from someone who has already done this would really be helpful.

Justtalkin