2000 Cadillac Seville Repair Question
2000 Cadillac Seville alternator
How do you get the alternator out Ive taken all the bolts out I can see and taken belt off
Do you have the SLS or the STS?Let me know so i can get you the correct info.
In either aspect, SLS or STS, you will need to remove the cooling fans and radiator. The alternator will come out the top with these removed. The alternate method would be to discharge the A/C and remove the compressor.
4,285 answers provided
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
2. Remove the accessory drive belt.
3. Remove the cooling fans.
4. Disconnect the generator cooler outlet hose (1) from the generator (3).
5. Remove the generator cooler outlet hose retaining bolt (2).
6. Disconnect the generator cooler inlet hose (2) from the generator (1).
7. Disconnect the following electrical connections from the generator:
o Battery output
o Heated windshield (if equipped)
8. Loosen the lower generator bolt (3).
9. Remove the generator bolts (1, 2) from the generator.
10. Remove the generator from the vehicle.
There you go.
Do you happen to have a diagram for replacing the serpintine belt
1. Install a 1/2 inch drive extension into the belt drive tensioner.
2. Push down on the extension to release tension.
3. Remove the drive belt from the power steering pump (1)
4. Slowly return the tensioner (6) to the original position.
5. Remove the belt.
There you go.
Thank you very much for all your help
Your welcome that's what were here for.