NAVIGATION ANTENNA

2007 Cadillac Escalade

2007 Cadillac Escalade V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 40000 miles

I'm writing to you from Hungary. I own a 2007 Cadillac Escalade and due to some rost nera the navigation antenna I need to make some repair.
Could you inform me how can I remove the navigation antenna from the roof? Maybe a drawing would also be helpful.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Remain
Tibor Turucz

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/147643_antenna_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/147643_info_1.jpg

Brian 1
Dear Sir,

I highly appreciate your quick answer to my question. It is really helpful and I would have only one more question regarding this subject.
How do I remove the plastic cover which is on the roof. I do not want to brake anything. Maybe it is just a plastic cap. Can it be removed using a small screwdriver?

Thanks once more.

Regards

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/437657_Cadillac11_1.jpg

Tibor Turucz
The info you were sent is for the GPS antenna under the instrument panel pad, you are after the onstar/digital radio antenna. That requires lowering the left front of the headlining, and removing the nut that secures the antenna, the plastic cover does not come off. It should just need the LF visor, and perhaps LF door weatherstrip to lower the headlining enough.

Factoryjack
Dear Sir,

I higfhly appreciate your quick and correct answer. Wish you good luck in the future in your work and if I have any further question regarding this or other topic I will contact you without hesitation.

Thank You for everything.

Marry Christmas!

Tibor Turucz
Dear Gentlemen,

I've asked a question last week and I have not received any answer regarding bluetooth for my car.

My question was whether Cadillac recommends a specific type of bluetooth to be installed beceause I read some people use different types and all experiencing different problems.

Thanks for your answer.

Merchant : 2CarPros Online
Date/Time : 06-Dec-2009 02: 08: 22 AM
Transaction ID : 2736522379
Invoice Number : 437657-380805
Description : 2007 Cadillac Escalade Bluetooth issue Total : US $10.00 Payment Method : Visa

Tibor Turucz
I wont be much help because I spend little time in this area of the vehicle, but you need these options to add bluetooth, There are no provisions to up-fit vehicles with this option. This feature is ONLY available on vehicles built with option UPF, UWE or offered within an equipment option group (i.E LTZ or SLE type package).I dont think they recommend anything specific, if you could contact a GM dealer they might be able to help.

Brian 1
I would have the same information, it is referenced in the following bulletin: #PIT4864A: Adding Bluetooth Option RPO UPF Or UWE - (Nov 11, 2009)

Subject: Adding Bluetooth ® Option RPO UPF Or UWE

Models: 2007-2010 All Passenger Car and Trucks

This PI was superseded to add RPO UWE. Please discard PIT4864.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern: Technical assistance has received several calls from dealers requesting assistance to upfit their vehicle to include the Bluetooth feature RPO UPF or UWE

Recommendation/Instructions: There are no provisions to up-fit vehicles with this option. This feature is ONLY available on vehicles built with option UPF, UWE or offered within an equipment option group (i.E LTZ or SLE type package).

Check your RPO sticker that is inside your glove box door for these options. You might also try a stereo installer, they may have something aftermarket available.

Factoryjack