P0651

2003 Cadillac Escalade

2003 Cadillac Escalade V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180, 00 miles

My wives 03 Escalade has started giving us a little trouble with it's smoothness ! Running really rough at idle and in gear. My scanner coded a P0651? I have figured out what the code is but not what to do about it without the s.O.S. So to speak! Replace this and that until it's right! That can get pretty expensive on a late model Cadi!
BigDnal

The fault relates only to the 5V reference for the fuel tank pressure sensor(used for evap diagnostics), and the a/c pressure sensor. This should give no rough run, or be set by one. If you have a scan tool, does it read misfires, and is it counting any?

Factoryjack
BigDnal.
A friend and I later that night removed the computer beside the battery to find that the problem was in the connections there! After we removed the plugs to the ECM(?) We found a green carrotion around over half the prongs. We cleaned carefully and used electic contact lube and reinstalled. Then it was time for a TEST DRIVE! Black marks at the end of my road will conferm that that was indeed the problem! Thanks for your feedback though! This is a great site y'all have

BigDnal