MAYBE A PROBLEM WITH FUEL DELIVERY S

1999 Cadillac Escalade

1999 Cadillac Escalade V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

I have a 99escalade that had sugar poured in the gas tank when I was on deployment and I took the vehicle back to caddy dealer and have had over 2000 bucks worth of repair to ejectors and a month after returning home from deployment, I am still having problems. When I start up (the vehicle), it idles high and low and sometimes shuts down. When I take off(drive) right after startup it takes off slow and hesitates (kinda embarrasing around people)(women). A friend (backyard mechanic) told me that the spider assembly is finished and that no repair shop will fix these, they can only be replaced. Does this sound like a proper assesment? I do get codes for crankshaft position sensors, but I have replaced it. I was told that my fuel pump was bad, so I replaced it twice, once b4 the dealer repair and once after. I clear codes everytime I start up, but once It warms up it rides good. When I am at a red light, the truck wants to surge forward forcefully, so often I have to put it in nuetral until the light changes.
Ironman331g

Didn't you replace the spider as noted by 2000.00 worth of injectors? How long was the engine run with sugar? It can ruin an engine. Has a compression test been done? Tank and lines flushed out? Is the service engine light on? Surging at lights is normally a vacuum leak, Get a can of spray gumout, start the car and spray around, pay attention to vacuum lines and manifold, if the idle changes, you found a leak. You want the engine running and spray on the outside but do direct the stream onto the hoses, if it is a vacuum leak, the engine idle will change speed, then you have detected a leak, repair the vacuum leak and see how it runs!

The other possibilty is the idle air control, it, s bolted to the side of the throttle body.
Also do not spray hot exhaust manifolds or pipes, it can cause a fire!

Merlin2021