LOW OIL PRESSURE WARNING

1993 Cadillac El Dorado

1993 Cadillac El Dorado V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 176000 miles

My Eldorado has been showing a warning on the display
" Low oil pressure turn off engine" I am at 40% on the oil life index, have checked compression/leak down/ all good. Motor runs good and strong and has been well maintained. Question? Am I looking at a sensor problem or a worn oil pump/relief valve issue. I understand that there is an oil pressure sensor and an oil level sensor. Not wanting to replace parts without knowing cause
When warning displays I immediately turn engine off. Also do not hear any knocking / pinging etc engine always sounds good
BODADDYBO

Have you ever had the intake gasket replaced? Look for coolant in the oil, oil will look milky,

if it is leaking, you will need a new motor or a remanufactured one, do not try to fix it you will be wasting your money

Buzzsaw

if it is leaking, you will need a new motor or a remanufactured one, do not try to fix it you will be wasting your money[/quote: 5d6e99770d]

BODADDYBO