, 99,300 MILES,

1991 Cadillac El Dorado

: The " Service Engine Soon" light comes on and the speedometer goes to " 0" and the fuel (gallons) blinks. Also get message " SYSTEM PROBLEM". This has happened twice in the last month. During this time, the car also blows cold air and I cannot use the heat, etc. If I pull over and stop the car and restart it, everything works fine again.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Please humor this 54 yr old woman with an answer so my husband can figure out what is wrong. I ask the questions and he fixes the car. Thanks, Joanne
JerzeeJo

You can take your car to AutoZone, they can scan your car for free( hope they still doing that : ) )
Ask them to write the code down for you and come back with the code. My colleagues or I can help.

Mathiaso
This car can give you the codes, I sent the procedure to your email.

Ok paul I got it. : Wink:

Mathiaso
We gave it freon yesterday. Seems to be fine now. How do we clear the code from the panel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JerzeeJo
Disconnecting the Battery for five minutes should clear them.