REAR SUSPENSION

2002 Cadillac DTS

Suspension problem
2002 Cadillac DTS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 86,500 miles

when ever I go over a bump at highway speeds the left rear of the car seems to dip and wobble harshly before it recovers
Slopoke20

Hello –

It sounds like you may have a blown shock. Look under that side and look at the shock and see if you can see evidence of fluid leaking or that has leaked from the shock. This will cause serious wear on the other suspension parts and your tires. Plus as you well know make it hard to control the car.

You also have leveling control so look really good at all electrical wires, hoses etc for damage.

Look at your stabilizer bushings…. They may be damaged or missing or torn….

Many times front end/alignment shops will give you a free estimate. My recommendation is if you don’t see anything then take it to a couple of shops and get their estimate and then let us know what they said (verse what you saw) and the estimate.

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
Hello –

Also, it looks like you may have some recalls on your vehicle. The dealer may fix these for free. Please contact the dealer service department, give them the VIN number of your car and have them check on these to see if they apply to you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_DeVille_Recall_1.jpg

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS