HEADLIGHTS AND KEY IN IGNITION

2000 Cadillac Deville

2000 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 109400 miles

I have a 2000 cadillac deville, and just recently, whenever I turn off the car, and open the door, the " ding" alarm for when the key is still in the ignition goes off, even when the key is not in the ignition.
Also, my headlights stay on constantly, even during the day, instead of my daytime running lights. I appreciate any assistance, thank you.
-Alex
Ranger2183

Is the alarm perhaps to let you know that the headlights are on?
On the headlights, if the twilight slider is all the way to the left, and the manual headlamp switch is off, are the lights still on. If not does it say headlamps suggested all the time on the info center?

Factoryjack
I'm not sure about the noise, but there is no headlamps suggested in the info center, like there usually is when you turn them off, but they do not turn off unless I actually rotate the headlamp knob next to it to the off position

Ranger2183
If you are rotating to off, to turn them off, then they are manually turned on and will not go off. You should be able to leave the manual knob(the rotating one) in the off position, and use the slider just below it for automatic operation. The more the slider is to the right, the longer they stay on after key off. The chime is indicating that the lights are manually overridden to the on position. With the slider all the way to the left, and the manual knob set to off, you should get a headlamps suggested message that displays in low light conditions.

Factoryjack