CAR CRANKS BUT WON'T START

1996 Cadillac Deville

1996 Cadillac Deville V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 82000 miles

My '96 Cadillac Deville will crank but won't turn over and start; it makes this choking noise like its struggling, so I had a friend thats a mechanic take a look at it and as I was turning the key while he was looking at it he noticed one of the pulleys on the engine wasn't moving. He said it was the a/c compressor belt and I would need to get it replaced. I called around and the cheapest price quote I got on it was 200$ for the part and my friend was going to install it for 250$. But rite now thats still kind of pricey for me. Do you know if this is possibly the problem or if it is what would be my cheapest and best bet to get my car running?
Kinggjay007@yahoo.com

You only have 1 belt that runs everything, except the water pump, whats the ac unit have to do with it not starting?

You need to scan the codes, off and warmer on the heater controls with the key in the on position, look at the IP for the codes and right them down

Buzzsaw