SECURITY SYSTEM WAS MESSED UP WHEN ME

1995 Cadillac Deville

1995 Cadillac Deville

how to I reset the security system? I am asking for my boyfriend who thinks he knows everything, lol please help me!

it was messed up after the mechanic who put in the new steering column
Shannonpage1

Has it not started since the used column was installed. There is no reset. More than likely, what is happening is the key that the column came with has a different resistance value than the original key. Since the module was not changed to match the key, it wont start. Check the resistance of the key from the old column, and the resistance of the key from the replacement column and see if they differ. If you can find out the vats code of the original key, you can have a key with that code, cut to match the replacement columns key pattern.

Factoryjack
I forgot to mention we already got the new key that is suppose to work but it just wont crank. The security light is on and wont crank, we tried the 20 minute thing to try and reset it, all it did was make the dinging to the door go faster, please help!

Shannonpage1
No once the new used column was put in it never started again. First the mechanic told my boyfriend to go and get that new key. And now they are claiming it didnt run before but it did, the new used steering column was put in now its just freakin messed up and wont crank

Shannonpage1