CADILLAC DEVILLE WHEEL PROBLEM

1990 Cadillac Deville

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1990 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170k miles

Im experiencing a weird warping sound or vibration coming from my driver side wheel. This is happening only while engaging in left turns or while at a roll of 10-15mph. This is also causing my steering wheel to vibrate strangely at about 60-65mph and then stop below or above the given speed. Before I started having these probelms, I fixed the rack and pinion. Then I replaced the tires and had them balanced, but I was still getting vibration at the steering wheel so I replaced the hub on that side/ the brakes, rotors and calipers and its still vibrating. I dont think that they're are two different problems, I think that whatever is causing that weird warping sound on my driver side wheel, is also causing the vibration in my steering wheel as well. It sounds like bearings but im not sure- need help please. Thanks for reading my post
Marktaylor_254

Jack up right see if there is movement in wheel. ATry 12 oclock and 6oclock then 9 -3. Rotate wheel hear or feel any roughness in bearing?

Docfixit
Well I tried to jack it up and examine the wheel but I didnt get much luck BUT I wasnt far off. I went to a wheel alignment shop and had their mechanic ride in my car w/ me. I dont know if this sounds familiar to you but- the warping noise that im experiencing is the wheel hub bearings, I was told that the bearings are dry and thats why they create that sound. And it does make sense if the mechanic I had put that hub on didnt check or properly lubricate the bearings unless it has an internal seal. But that is what ive discovered, I do appreciate your help and thanks

Marktaylor_254
That's what I was thinking wheel bearing but you had hub replaced and that contains bearing see diagram

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Graphic_219.jpg

Docfixit
Yea, I actually checked online through a parts store and the bearings are included in the assembly. Sounds like poor mechanic work to me, haha- but thanks alot, you were very helpful!

Marktaylor_254
Your Welcome hope this hub holds together

Docfixit
Hey did you ever figure out how to get that wobbling to stop cause my 1990 Cadillac does the same exact things. Has a humming sound in drivers side wheel plus my steering wheel vibrates.

Kg9213