HEATER CORE

1989 Cadillac Deville

Heater problem
1989 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

My question is this: I have seen both that it is possible and not possible to remove and replace the heater core on this vehicle through an access panel under the hood, avoiding the chore of disassembling the dashboard to get at it. Which is correct? Access panel and relatively easy, or dashboard and more involved? I have conflicting information, all of it from sources that are reasonable, trustworthy, and know more than I know, so I am asking you all.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated. Thanks.
Brucebuck

I dont have access to my database at this time. If one of the other guys doesnt give you a definite answer, I will get on it first thing in am.

Mastertechtim
Tim -This is all Mit1 .com has. Seems very simple if followed correctly and then it can be a nightmare for others. There's no short cut to it-I look look and look nothing to make it simple.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_deville_heater_core_removal_1.jpg