ENGINE ISSUES - 4.1L

1983 Cadillac Deville

1983 Cadillac Deville V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 117000 miles

I've been having what seems to be fuel issues, and have codes returned that are 38, 52, 33, and 44.
Can't pinpoint the problem and have replaced the fuel pressure regulator and MAP sensor. Spark plugs look fine. Can't seem to locate the O2 sensor, as my repair manual is general - " upstream of the catalytic converter.&Quot; Where is the bloody thing?
The engine doesn't stall, per say, but has a slow, hesitant start and the service engine soon light comes on intermittently, even at high gears.
Any recommendations?
Thanks so much for your time!
Evarockstar

Im havent really worked on this motor, but a 52 is a TPS out of adjustment problem

these motors are a big problem, so I've heard

look around the exhaust manifolds for the 02 sensor, by the brake booster

Buzzsaw

look around the exhaust manifolds for the 02 sensor, by the brake booster[/quote: ee078c1635]

Awesome - thanks, Buzzsaw. I've found it - let you know what happens next.

Evarockstar

look around the exhaust manifolds for the 02 sensor, by the brake booster[/quote: b64aa57ea4]

Awesome - thanks, Buzzsaw. I've found it - let you know what happens next.[/Quote: b64aa57ea4]

UPDATE!
So I replaced the TPS & it's still giving issues. Intermittent codes - 22, 26, 27 (All TSP), 32 and 36 (MAP) and baro. Would the baro make that much of a difference? Also, the MAP after-market part has a dual connector rather than the single. Splicing time?
Could it be a faulty ECM?
It also sometimes will not start - I unplug the TSP and it starts. I turn it off, replug the TSP and it starts - until next time.
I'm definitely losing patience. Can you help?

Evarockstar

look around the exhaust manifolds for the 02 sensor, by the brake booster[/quote: c28a2bf36d]

Awesome - thanks, Buzzsaw. I've found it - let you know what happens next.[/Quote: c28a2bf36d]

UPDATE!
Could it be a faulty ECM?
I'm definitely losing patience. Can you help?[/Quote: c28a2bf36d]

should have gone to the dealer for the parts I would say its the wrong one, did you adjust the TPS for its proper voltage signal?

Buzzsaw