WINDOWS ARE SOAKED!

2005 Cadillac CTS

Heater problem
2005 Cadillac CTS 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 45,000 miles

I recently purchased a 2005 Cadi CTS and the car has been wonderful to this point. However, since the cold weather came upon us, I am having a terrible time trying to keep the windows clear of moisture. I turn on the heater and the defroster, but the side and rear windows are always fogged and even dripping from moisture. I have tried every setting from manual to auto and every temperature from 70 to 90. I am constantly running the temp at 90 degrees and the fan on high to keep the windshield clear, but the other windows are totally soaked and even dripping at times. I have to constantly lower and raise the other windows to wipe off the dampness. There is no anti freeze smell and the trunk and carpet is dry. The dealer told me that some of that is normal and it is possible that the inside of the windows are probably dirty. I don't believe either. Any suggestions?
JoeBell

When the defrosters are on, even when you have the car on heat, the A/C compressor should be running. This is to help dry the air going through the heater. You may want to check this. Also, if the dealer did a heavy job of shampooing the carpet before you bought the car, moisture may still be trapped in the carpet pad. And, even though the carpet feels dry, it will take considerable time for the pad to dry. There are also drain holes in the bottom of the doors to allow rain to drain. If these drain holes are plugged water will puddle up inside the door(s) and could cause your problem. Hope this helps.

James W.