COURTSEY LIGHTS/INTERIOR

2004 Cadillac CTS

Interior problem
2004 Cadillac CTS 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 79000 miles

got in the car last night and the lights would not dim out. Nothing in manual says anything about it, disconnected battery all night and still lights came back on. Took the relay out for now to keep battery from running down. What is it trying to tell me?
Rrstamp

Is the slider switch on the overhead roof console all the way in the on position?

Factoryjack

Rrstamp
Did you move it, and did that solve the problem?

Factoryjack
The slide dimmer you are talking about controls the dash board lights. My question is about the interior /courtesy lights on the doors and map lights.

Rrstamp
That slide dimmer controls both the dash light brightness, and manual interior/courtesy lights. Here is some info.

Courtesy/illuminated entry lamps are lamps that may be illuminated by opening a door, manually operating a switch or through a remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) command. This group consist of the following lamps: • Door courtesy lamps

• Footwell lamps

• Overhead console courtesy/reading lamps

• Rear compartment lamps

• Vanity mirror lamps

Manual Interior Lighting: The interior lamps may also be illuminated manually in all ambient light conditions. When a vehicle occupant places instrument panel (I/P) dimmer switch to the interior lamp ON position the contacts in the switch close, grounding the interior lamp input circuit of the dash integration module (DIM). With this input grounded the DIM sends a class 2 message to the RIM requesting the interior lamps illuminate. The RIM will ground the lamps as mentioned above. When the I/P dimmer switch is placed out of the interior lamp ON position, the RIM will immediately turn OFF the interior lamps.
#04-06-03-003C: Intermittent Dead Battery or Battery Goes Dead Overnight (Replace Overhead Console Assembly) - (Mar 5, 2007)

Subject: Intermittent Dead Battery or Battery Goes Dead Overnight (Replace Overhead Console Assembly)

Models: 2003-2005 Cadillac CTS

2004-2005 Cadillac CTS-V, SRX

This bulletin is being revised to update the warranty information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 04-06-03-003B (Section 06 -- Engine).

Built Prior to the Following Production Dates: Model
Date

CTS, CTS-V
9/2/04

SRX
10/22/04

Condition
Some customers may comment on an intermittent dead battery or of the battery going dead overnight.

Cause
This condition may be caused by the instrument panel brightness lever, located on the overhead console, being slightly engaged but not enough to turn on the interior courtesy lamps. The slightly engaged switch causes the Dash Integration Module (DIM) to cycle between active and inactive which wakes up other modules on the Class 2 data line. This causes the vehicle to remain active. The scan tool will not indicate that the switch is active.

Correction
Technicians are to replace the overhead console assembly with an newly designed part using the following procedure: There is a bulletin that is available as well.

Factoryjack
Thanks for the idiot check, I donated to your cause for the help. Thanks

Rrstamp