CAR WON'T RUN

2000 Cadillac Catera

2000 Cadillac Catera 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

You guys were great help on my Firebird, hope you can help on my Catera. When starting car, engines revs up to 5 grand then dies. Try giving it gas, but it still dies. Does this everytime I try to crank it. Cannot get it to idle at all after initial start up.
Drew51

Hi drew51, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Let start by cleaning out the idle air control valve and clean the MAF sensor with an electronic cleaner CRC and come back let me know

Sounds like a plan, can you tell me where I might find these items?

Drew51
Idle air control valve is on the throttle body see below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_iacv1_1.jpg

The MAF sensor is In the air intake passage, between the air cleaner and the resonance chamber

Thanks for the info. I was able to get to the MAF and clean it, helped some (engine doesn't rev up to 5 grand when I crank it). However, I either don't have the proper tools or I will have to remove some stuff to get to the IAC valve. Unless I am looking at the wrong thing. At any rate, I can only work on it on the weekends. So I will be back in touch.

Drew51
Understand I'll be waiting for your return