DOOR JAMMED SHUT

1991 Cadillac Brougham

Interior problem
1991 Cadillac Brougham V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 192000 miles

Quick question. Car door is jammed shut the lock pops up and down fine which means the acuator and locking mechanism are fine. Im not sure if when I closed it it got jammed or what on the latch when it closes but I was sondering how you get it open. I cant get it open from the latch on the inside or the handle on the outside and there is not pressure when you push down on the handle outside to tell you its opening. I was wondering what it would take to get it open or how you would do it.
Jgroff05

It sounds a little funny, but this is what I'd try: Have someone crawl in from the other side, and give the door a healthy bump with their shoulder while you're holding the outside latch open. If you can get the door open, I'll bet your latch/lock is OK. Your problem is with your door hinges, not your latch. If they are worn, they allow the door to sag, and bind up on the latch. With the door open 6" to 8", pull up and down it. If it moves up and down more than 3/4", you need hinges

Jim Shirron