PLEASE HELP ME?!?!?

1986 Cadillac Brougham

1986 Cadillac Brougham V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I COULD GET MY CAR TO RUN FINE WHEN ITS IN PARK BUT WHEN I PUT IT IN GEAR IT STALLS AND THE BRAKES WONT WORK NORMAL EITHER. I BASICALLY HAVE NO BRAKES WHEN ITS IN GEAR. I ALREADY CHECKED ALL MY VACUM LINES AND FUSES. I PRETTY MUCH WENT OVER THE WHOLE ENGINE. I CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM. I ASKED A COUPLE MECHANICS I KNOW AND EVERYONE IS SAYING A VACUM LINE BUT THEY ARE ALL ON. BUT I TOOK THE THERMOSTAT OUT BECAUSE THE CAR WAS OVER HEATING BUT THAT WOULDN'T HAVE NOTHING TO
Teddy18745

Hi: Either the vacuum hose to the brake booster is bad, or the booster itself is bad. Remove the hose from the brake booster and plug it. (KEEP IN MIND YOU WILL NOT HAVE POWER BRAKES, BUT THEY WILL STILL WORK. YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO PUSH HARDER.)

If the car doesn't die, replace the booster. If it still dies, replace the brake booster vacuum hose.

Let me know what you find.