89 3.8 STALLS ON DECELERATION; ERROR CODE 41

1989 Buick Riviera

I have a 1989 Riviera, 3.8, 35,000 miles. Yes 35,000. When I slow down to turn or stop it stalls. It does not sputter, it cuts off quick. Starts right back up. This would happen very seldom. Now it happens constantly. The error codes were 41 and 42. I replaced the Camshaft position sensor and I no longer get error 42. But It still stalls. Then I replaced the ignition model and the coil pack, but it still stalls and I still get error 41. I read through most of your forum but I did not see anything simular. I would appreciate any suggestions. The books I have list alot of possibilities for code 41.
Gwoehrel

3.8's had problems with the crank angle sensor as well, try that first.

Jack42
Thanks Jack, I don't want to assume anything, so is the crank angle sensor the same as the crankshaft position sensor that is mentioned in my repair manual?

Gwoehrel
Does anyone know where I can find a crankshaft postion sensor alignment tool for 1989 buick 3.8? It does not seem easy to find even on the web.

Gwoehrel