WONT STAY RUNNING 95 START

1995 Buick Riviera

1995 Buick Riviera 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Okey here we go I have got this car buick 1995 riviera car wil start just fine. But wont stay running. I can get the car to stay runnig if I pump the gas and work at it. It will rive up [let off dies].I know check the gas pressue its [50] on gauge I dont think its the gas here. Why I say this. I just bought this thing for a good price or I hope?I guy said he had to change the key/lock in cloumn and he dont have the key flashed or car. He said thats when it started to do this. And it run just fine before the key/lock broke he put in new motor pick ups [timeing] I called a lock smith and they say thats what I need' [flashed] but I called some one that works on car's they said the car wouldnt start at all ? The reason I got this was for the motor. I have a 96 buick thats the same car [no tubo] I wanted to put the motor/ train's in it. But this thing is in better shape then my 96 if I can fix this and use the other for parts OBOY Iam to the piont were iam going to take it to someone [FIX IT]
Dognet43

Hi dognet43, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Lets clean out and test the idle air control valve, EGR and PCV valves and then test throttle position sensor and manifold absolute pressure sensor

I can check all that.I have new one's on my 96 riviera Are you sure it's not the int theft or key need's to be flashed?Why Im asking is I cant get the new code reader to read any code's at all just wont read the car I thought n maybe there was something wrong with my old code reader but it does the samething [no read]

Dognet43
Car wil start just fine. But wont stay running. I can get the car to stay runnig if I pump the gas and work at it. It will rive up [let off dies].

If its the anti theft device I don't think it will start and will not idle.

Its the same put new parts on and just starts then die's

Dognet43
Car wil start just fine. But wont stay running.

Now it starts and dies: Test the ignition switch

This is what the car doing. Turn key fire's right up and die's. And it start's quick' if I doint put my foot on the gas and pump it forget it but it's real hard to keep it running i'v know I said this before' this is the same thing it's been doing sence I bought this thing. Are thinking maybe Iam loseing power from the key? If so I dont know what to think about that. I seem to have power [if I can pump the car & she run's ] I think we are heading in the right place [gas] I dont have the tools to check the fuel injector's. So iam going to have some one look at it [Shop] but I will let you know what I find out.

Dognet43
Have the fuel pressure check if its within specs

I just bought a 96. Was haven same prob. Played with ignition kinda held key on a lil and it ran but before that would start shut off let me know what you find out im haven same issues.

Bendermiester