DOES ANYONE HAVE A GAS GAUGE THAT WOR

2006 Buick Rendezvous

2006 Buick Rendezvous Engine Size unknown All Wheel Drive Automatic 33000 miles

I just bought an '06 Rendezvous a week ago. It has been in the shop twice already to fix that gas gauge- still not fixed. It bounces all over the place so I don't know how much gas I have. I finally called directly to GM this morning and was told this is a design flaw and it cannot be fixed. They told me that if I park on a flat surface and don't move, I will get an accurate reading. If I am moving, I will NOT get an accurate reading. First of all, that is HORRIBLE and totally unacceptable that is was designed to not work properly (and has been since 2002 without being re-designed). But, my issue is that I don't think everyone with a Rendezvous is having this problem which means it isn't a design flaw. It is just a problem with my vehicle (any many others) but I'm hoping it can be fixed. Let me know if you own a Rendezvous that has a gas gauge that works properly. I'd love to think that this can be fixed. Other than not knowing how much gas I have, I love this vehicle and don't want to have to return it. Thanks!
Alisonsmom

Subject: The Fuel Gauge Fluctuates - keywords cluster erratic intermittent IPC sensor #PIT4051C - (11/10/2006)

Models: 2006-2007 Buick Rendezvous 3.5L

This PI was superseded to remove the service cal part numbers. Please disarcd PIT4051B.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern: Some customers may report the fuel gauge fluctuates or operates erratic on their 2006-07 Buick Rendezvous equipped with the (LX9) engine. Engineering has determined that the PCM (Power Control Module) calibration needs to be updated.

Recommendation/Instructions: Reprogram the PCM with the latest calibration available on TIS2WEB for the appropriate (Delphi or Siemens) EGR valve and retest.

Note: This new calibration will address fuel gauge fluctuation concerns for customers who typically park their vehicle on an incline.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a " do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Dennyp
My rendevzous does the same thing all we do is watch the drivers info center and see how many leters of gas we have burned. Just keep track when you fill vehicle and reset gauge to 0

Buick dave
I just got an 06 Rendezvous a month ago and am having the same problem. I replaced the sensor/sending unit which was extremely expensive and am still having the same problem. It can go from half a tank to empty in 10 mins. How can this problem be fixed? This is crazy!

Sarahmarie08
I have a 2004 and my guage never worked. I write down amount in gallons each time I fill up and use my gas used meter, reseting every time to 0.00

HAPYINHARNED