POWER STEERING FLUID OVERFILLED

2005 Buick Rendezvous

Steering problem
2005 Buick Rendezvous 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

1. Sever Power Steering Fluid Leak [Wife's car]
2. Mechanic replaced power steering pump and high pressure hose.
3. Two days later wife says steering sounds funny.
4. I checked fluid level and it was WAY overfilled.
5. I salvaged excess fluid and took to mechanic. Told him I wanted him to be aware in case excess fluid caused excess pressure and damage to any seals.
6. About 6 weeks later wife says again, steering seems " funny".
7. Check fluid level and it is way down so I take back to mechanic.
8. Mechanic says driver side power steering rack is leaking, $900 to fix via replace entire steering rack. Says not related to " overfill".
MY QUESTIONS:
DID EXCESS PRESURE FROM OVERFILL CAUSE PROBLEM? TO REPAIR, MUST I GET WHOLE NEW RACK OR CAN I JUST GET A NEW PIPE/TUBE IN THE STEERING RACK [MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE]?
Cornerwinds

The overfill should have no effect of over pressuring. The concern behind overfilling is that it will spit out of the reservior at the cap. The system is vented.

The rack will probably be needed. Why these lines are not able to be found is interesting. Chysler had lines for some of them for a few systems, but more likley they are unavailable.

You can call the dealer and ask the parts department to verify. HAve your VIN number handy.