GS OIL PAN LEAK

1998 Buick Regal

My '98 Buick Regal 3.8 Supercharged is leaking oil from the oil pan. I had a mechanic check it out and that is what he found. I want to replace the gasket but it looks like I have to remove an engine mount to get the pan off. Will I need to lift the engine with a hoist or can I support the engine from below? Also can the gasket be cleaned and re-used with some RTV? It costs about $100 to replace the gasket which is rather steep for a gasket.
BritishCarNut

Use a floor jack and piece of wood. Jack motor up with piece of wood between motor and jack(witch u should have had idea when first said but for other viewers.) If all u have to take of is motor mount consider yourself lucky. 96 v6 beretta. Had to drop A-arm and some other stuff to get at it. Brother inlaw shouldn't try to bird hunt with car u find rocks that way. : Lol: /// as for if you should replace gasket it or not. Id say replace. Rtv can do the job but it will start leaking again later down road.

Jpam
Thanks for the help and especially that link. That price is much better then the $100+. The car is currently for sale so I'm just trying to get it in good running condition without any problems. I'm told it leaks power steering fluid also but I didn't see any leaks and the level is always fine. I've read the Chilton manual on how to replace the gasket and the only major part to remove appears to be that motor mount. I'll check again this weekend to see if I can get the oil pan off.

'98 Regal GS 3.8L 97K miles.

BritishCarNut
Any time I can help> >

Jpam