REAR DOOR LOCKS

1999 Buick Park Avenue

1999 Buick Park Avenue V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

My Park Avenue driver side rear door would intermittently lock and not open, now it will not open at all. Then just recently the passenger side has done the same thing. Both doors will not open at all. I tried unlocking them with the remote and also manually inside but they still will not open. I have taken off the panel on the passenger side and tried opening the door and you can hear it click but it still will not open. And then yesterday I couldn't get into the front passenger side. I unlocked it manually and it worked. I am afraid to lock the car at this point. At one time I had to have the repair shop replace the driver's door handle because it broke and it cost me $280.00, I cannot afford to have them fix the two back doors. Please help.
Celiawetherell

Hi celia, if you have the panel off the doorin the rear at the back of the door where the latch is located you will find a rod comeing from the power lock motor. Disconnect this rod from the latch pull the little arm up or down whichever way unlocks the door.

Now you will not be able to lock the door after you do this. But you can atleast use them. If you hear the lock motor run the prob is the door latch itself these are expensive for this car. Hope this helps please vote for me ty billymac

Billymac